Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to reduce the size of the breasts, while also providing cosmetic improvement, in individuals that have physical or emotional symptoms associated with having large breasts.
Breast reduction surgery is an excellent choice for those with large breasts that have any or all of the following symptoms:
- upper back pain
- shoulder/neck pain
- shoulder grooving from bra straps
- rash/skin irritation underneath or between the breasts
- limitations in daily activities or difficulty with exercising
- emotional distress/self-confidence problems resulting from large pendulous breasts
- personal desire for smaller breasts
If any of these symptoms apply to you, and you are in good health with realistic expectations, breast reduction surgery may be an excellent choice for you. Call Allure Plastics today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Walker and see how breast reduction can benefit you.
For those who are symptomatic from having large breasts, supportive bras and over the counter pain medications should be tried for a period of time to see if symptoms improve or resolve. For those that